Sunday, June 26, 2005

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted

Hello my minions!

Sadly, I'm going to be leaving you for the next few days whilst I travel to the Jersey shore with my sister and her 2 young offspring. I'm not actually leaving until Monday evening, but being the procrastinator that I am, I'm sure I'll spend my final moments at home deciding what to pack rather than enteraining and informing you all here at Marnie's World.

I'll be returning on Friday evening, at which point I will be heading across the bridge to Philadelphia to get a headstart on the Live 8 festivities. My whole life, I've said that if I could turn back time and do anything, it would be to attend Live Aid, and this is my chance. I was only 5 when the last one happened, and although I vividly remember watching it on TV, (in particular, Madonna saying "I ain't takin' shit off tonight!") it's just not the same!! I could start a tirade about the London line-up versus the Philly line-up this year, but I don't want to get upset all over again. I'm just going to shut up and make the most of the fact that there's one going on 20 minutes from my house. Could be worse, right? Anyway, they're expecting something like 2 million people, so if I make it through the madness, I'll be back on Sunday to report. If I don't, well... it's been fun!

No comments: