Thursday, June 09, 2005

Welcome to Marnie's World

Hey all!

So I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now and today I've finally decided to take the plunge. Not really sure what I'm going to talk about on any given day, but I can pretty much assure you that it will be 99% nonsense. I'm sure I'll be the only one reading it so it doesn't much matter!

A couple of things inspired me to write a blog... namely other blogs. There are a select few that I've grown so addicted to, that I go through withdrawal if I don't check them out at least 5 times a day. (Yes, it's quite a life I've got going here). I think it's only fair to start out by giving those fair few a shout out!

  • CITYRAG -- My very favourite blog ever. The entries are so funny and Buddy (the Wonder Dog) is so adorable. I can definitely foresee me totally stealing that idea and frequently posting pictures of my equally adorable Jack Russel, Simon. In fact, I'll start now:

Moving on...

  • PINK IS THE NEW BLOG -- Love it. All the Britney news you'll ever need, plus a ton of other cool stuff. Not to mention, he always points out the unattractiveness of Kim Stewart, which is just funny.
  • THE BASTARDLY -- Link after link will keep you busy for hours on this one. Or maybe that's just me... either way, it's definitely worth checking out.
  • THE SUPERFICIAL -- Subtitled "Because You're Ugly." Kirsten Dunst is the Kim Stewart of this site. Good stuff.
  • A SOCIALITES LIFE -- Speaks for itself really.
  • POP CULTURE JUNKIES -- Not overly different to the Superficial or Socialite's Life, but still a good daily read!
  • PEREZHILTON.COM -- Unique stories and funny commentary. That's hot.
  • GALLERY OF THE ABSURD -- Ever want to see the Olsen twins as monkeys hanging from a money tree? It's there. Wonder what a cartoon of Jessica Simpson as an alien would look like? Done. Meg Ryan as a fish? Lindsay and Nicole as skeletons? They've got it all covered. Just go. Now. You won't regret it.
  • GO FUG YOURSELF -- Reminding Hollywood that they're not always as glamourous and good looking as they think. If only Bai Ling would heed their advice.
  • HOOKERS ON STILTS -- Not a celebrity oriented blog like the others, but completely f***ing hysterical. Dry senses of humour are the best, and I've laughed myself into a quivering heap over this one.

Those are my absolute faves, but I'd be remiss if I didn't give an honourable mention to Egotastic, Thighs Wide Shut, and The Corsair. They keep me a very busy girl. And now I'll be even busier writing my own, aspiring to match their greatness.

So now that we've got all that out of the way, we can officially open for business!

Welcome.

1 comment:

Ron said...

blog love. Good luck, Marnie.