Thursday, July 14, 2005

I'll be back!

(Say it like Arnold would for the full comedic effect)

You know, considering how few visitors I actually get to this site (with the odd exception here and there), it's kind of amazing how many emails I've gotten over the past few days asking me why the hell Marnie's World has taken a short hiatus. That was actually really cool. I'm touched!

"You like me... you really like me."

Anyway, obviously the attacks on London really affected me in a major way, and that was before I'd found out that someone I'm close to was injured. That was the reason behind the initial lessening in updates and such (for those who are wondering, my mini-tribute to said friend has come down in order to protect his privacy). As for the past few days, I haven't really felt much up to snarking on celebrities and stuff like that. I decided to leave Marnie's World down as a show of solidarity and respect. I hardly want to talk about the antics of nutcases like Whitney and the Olsens when there are much bigger things going on.

Having said that, a week has passed now, and I'm feeling more ready to get back into the swing of things. I know my friend wouldn't have it any other way.

At some point tomorrow, Marnie's World will be back in full effect!

Until then, I say once more:

To each and every person that was affected in any way by the London Terror attacks, my heart is with you.

Now, let's get back to business!!!

2 comments:

Gary M said...

Good to see it back, without the little things all we have are the big things, and the big things tend to be a shade on the unpleasant side. Glad you're okay.

Marnie said...

Thanks so much. :-)