Saturday, July 02, 2005

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

That is, back from Live 8! (And vacation with my sister and the kids, but that seems like ancient history now!) Anyway, today in a nutshell: Slept for 2 hours, got up at 3am, got a 4:09 bus to Philly, was at the show by 6, and ended up about 50 people back from the barrier.

Up sides: I was part of history, got a somewhat decent spot, met several awesome people, enjoyed the music.

Downsides: Wasn't in London, couldn't really see too well, WAAAAY crowded, insanely rude people (and thusly, I was involved in a few verbal and minor physical altercations) and some badass sunburn.

All in all the day was a success though, and I'm glad I went. Well done, Mr. Geldof!!

More details tomorrow, when I'm not literally falling asleep in my seat!!! (In the meantime you can click here or here to read and see a little more about it.

No comments: