Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ashlee's Worst Night Ever Relived

Did anyone else see that NBC reran the now infamous Jude Law/Ashlee Simpson Saturday Night Live episode in its entirety last night? That's right. The jig, the tears, the excuses, all repeated for our viewing pleasure. It was awesome.

I was lucky enough to see it the first time but I still laughed out loud. It's especially fulfilling to watch her during the monologue swooning over Jude Law (as per the script) because you can tell she totally thinks she's hot shit. To know that less than 30 minutes later, it was all going to come crashing down, well... call me bitchy, but it was hot. :-)

I thought it was kind of odd that they played it in its entirety (complete with that stupid bear skit as filler when it all went pear-shaped), particularly because I thought on the night it happened, they modified it a bit for the West Coast, so it didn't look so bad. But it was bad, and we got to see it again last night.

Sorry to laugh at other people's misfortune, but in this case, I'm sure I'm not the only one!!!

Thanks NBC, for allowing me and so many others to once again enjoy the best live music mishap since "Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's..."

No comments: