Sunday, October 16, 2005

"I see you've kept it off"

I love me some Graham Norton.

Not only are all of his shows absolutey hilarious, but he really, truly is the absolute nicest person I've ever met in my life. Forget that he's famous. You'd be hard pressed to find someone as sweet as he is in the real world, let alone the celebrity world.

As we know, I went to NY last night to catch his stand-up act at the Village Theater. I hadn't seen him in quite a while, but when I caught up with him after the show, it was like I'd only just seen him yesterday. He always makes you feel like he's so happy to see you, and it makes you just want to hang out with him forever. He's just plain lovely.

Two years ago, when I lost a bit of weight., no one outside of my mother and sister (who knew I was actually trying to lose it) ever noticed. My own extended family didn't seem to see a 30 lb. difference between Thanksgiving and Easter, or, if they did, they didn't mention it. Graham, on the other hand, who'd only seen me two months before, made a huge point of mentioning it. In fact, it was the first thing he said to me ("Ooh! It's like the new and improved you!"). That totally made the difference in keeping me focused enough to keep the weight off. Even last night he said "You're looking well... I see you've kept it off!" See that? Two years later and he still cared enough to say.

He makes me want to jump up and down on Oprah's couch screaming, "I LOVE this man!"

The whole night was enough to put me in a good mood for months.

Thanks again, Graham. I'll see you on Saturday. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy Marnie, You gonna take me as your guest to the next show? P.A.

Catherine said...

BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!! THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! Catherine xxx