Monday, November 21, 2005

Mini-Me!

Those of you who know me well (lucky you) probably know that about 2 years ago, I began a mission to donate an egg to an infertile woman, in a mission to overcrowd the world with a bunch of little Marnies. What greater gift could society ever wish for? (insert tongue firmly in cheek, por favor).

Not surprisingly, (she says modestly) no couple has chosen my eggs yet (and I stress the "yet". Surely there has to be someone out there who wants a short, wise-ass redheaded child?). Anyway, I got a cutesy little email from Fliss today with little kids and dogs posing together. I was enjoying it just fine when I came to a photo that actually made me take a step back and think "Did someone take my eggs after all?" Of course I haven't gone through the hormone injections or the extraction process, so unless aliens probed me in my sleep, this would be impossible. However, upon looking at the picture, it's hard to believe that this child isn't mine. Talk about a Doppelgänger!



Don't see the resemblence? Well, take a look at my baby pictures and tell me that she doesn't look like she split directly from my embryo. She even has the same indifferent look on her face that I did in most of my pictures. Spooky.



Maybe I did some child modelling and just don't remember. It would have been typical for me to pose with the dog. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Can the world handle another quick-witted Marnie?! :-)

Danielle said...

(the previous message was posted by me, sorry)