Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Random Post About Duran Duran and Me Looking Like People

I am so damn tired. I took a 2-hour nap when I got home today, but I'm still very much looking forward to my head hitting the pillow this evening!

Last night I made yet another 3-hour trek up to the Big Apple, this time to attend a proper theater screening of Duran Duran's new DVD "Live From London." I wasn't sure I wanted to go at first because that's a lot of travelling for a DVD that I could easily watch from home, but now I'm so glad I went. It was hot. DEFINITELY worth the trip. It basically documented the original 5's shows at Wembley last year. It was amazingly done, with over 50 cameras, and the show itself was phenomenal. Made me really wish I was there. It also made me very much look forward to my trip to England in December for the Manchester and London shows. Apparently they hold the record for the most people inside Wembley at once? Who knew?

Nick Rhodes joked that since they were tearing Wembley down and rebuilding it, they would probably hold that record forever, and for any other bands considering trying to break it, "don't even think about it."
:-)

While we were in the theater, there was a few people behind us whispering "ask her, ask her" and when I turned around, the man said "Excuse me, but aren't you the girl from Six Feet Under?" Ha. No, but I'd like her paycheck. He didn't actually seem to believe me at first, insisting "You look just like her!" and then asking me if I get that a lot. I then told him that I used to get Lindsay Lohan a lot (which he also didn't seem to believe) but that it was the first Lauren Ambrose comparison. Paul very kindly pointed out, "She's much prettier than the girl from Six Feet Under!"

Thanks, Paul. :-)



I think it's a thing when you have red hair. There are so few of us that people automatically think we all look alike. When I was younger, I constantly got told that I looked just like Annie or Pippi Longstocking.



Um... no.

To be honest, the only person that I ever thought really resembled me was the redhead from that group with the two Russian lesbians, Tatu.



Especially when I had my curly hair. It's actually kind of freaky.

Anyway, I'm TOTALLY getting off the point! The Duran Duran thing was great and I'm really glad I went! Thanks for convincing me, Paul!

And on that note, I know I've been going on about "loads of updating" but I think that will be all for this evening. I'm just too tired for it to be any good, and God knows I refuse for this site to be sub-standard... *cough*

I've got plans tomorrow so I'll catch up on Friday. My ass isn't moving from the house this weekend so expect much inane rambling. Until then, goodnight! :-)

No comments: