Tuesday, February 07, 2006

New Jersey At Its Finest

This past Saturday night, I worked the Bon Jovi show at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. That Boardwalk Hall is actually a pretty impressive place. It's big and it's clean, so I'm surprised more people don't choose to play there.

I actually got to go in and watch most of the show which was cool. I'm no massive Bon Jovi fan, but they were pretty entertaining. The crowd was really off the wall too, which can change the whole dynamic of a concert. In this case it was in a good way.

Anyway, Jon Bon Jovi actually left the stage and let Richie Sambora do lead vocals on I'll Be There For You. At first I thought it was some mushy way of winning back Heather Locklear, but I found out after the show that it was only because Jon's voice has been bothering him. Oh well. It was a nice thought! Either way, I have to say, Mr. Sambora totally impressed me. I guess I always assume that no one in a band can actually sing, aside from the singer. I was totally wrong because he was good. Maybe he'll inadvertantly win Heather back after all!

That's really all I have to report on the show, other than to once again share some shitty camera phone shots with you. Enjoy!

No comments: