Monday, February 06, 2006

O Youth, Where Art Thou?

Today is my last day as a 25-year old.

Do you know what that means? It means I'm HURDLING towards 30. That's what that means. Yikes.

You know when you're little and on your birthday, adults would always ask "So how does it feel to be [insert appropriate age here]?" and you were like "Good" when really it felt absolutely no different at all? Well let me tell you something -- 25 feels different. I'm certain that 26 is even going to feel more different.

I'm already noticing that the little lines in my forehead that show up when I furrow my brow stay there even after I'm done furrowing. I also noticed that I don't handle alcohol as well as I used to (having had my second ever hangover during my trip to England in December -- what's that all about??) I noticed that it takes almost double the amount of diet and exercise to lose half the weight. Worst of all, I notice that my once fabulous bosom no longer sits as high as it used to. And this is at 25 and 364 days, folks. What happens at 26?

Help.


"But I don't WANNA be 26!!"

Photo from earthimagebank.com

No comments: