Monday, April 17, 2006

American Hot Rod

I know. Corny title, but just be happy I didn't use the "spare the/spoil the" pun again, right?

Anyway, I still don't quite have my wits about me after my week with Fliss (and the post-visit illness that hit me yesterday -- not cool) so I'm not back into the full-on blogging for the week yet. However, how TOTALLY remiss would I be not to mention that tomorrow night begins Rod Stewart Week on American Idol? I mentioned it as a possibility before, but now it's happening for real.

I'm still holding onto the hope that the contestants don't HAVE to pick from the Great American Songbook series, but I'm pretty sure I'm not that lucky. I should take this opportunity to go off on a tangent about how, by singing those songs, it's not really Rod Stewart night as much as "Old Standards" night, but I guess I should just take what I can get.

So... yeah... um... I guess that's all. Not sure what else to say other than... watch it?

1 comment:

The Blind-Winger Jones said...

Rod Stewart is actually an reanimated automaton reproduction of a star of my own period. He went by the name of Clivedon Sutch, and was the lead singer in the worlds first ever New Romantic band, Curious Blond, who formed in 1912 in a village hall near Chester.