Saturday, May 06, 2006

But Reeeeeege!

I have one of "those faces".

You know, the kind where everyone thinks you look like someone else. During my awkward childhood years, I was always told I resembled Annie or Pippi Longstocking (Thanks, red hair. I appreciate it). Two years ago, when she was heavier and I had long hair still, I often got compared to Lindsay Lohan. I even twice got asked for autographs while walking down the street in Manhattan, from people who thought I was her. Last year, also in Manhattan, I was asked by a man if I was "the girl from 6 Feet Under". But then, you knew that.

Strangely enough, no one ever stops me to tell me I look like the redheaded half of the "Lesbians-as-a-gimmick" band, Tatu, when she's really the only one I DO look like.



Except, you know, I wear pants on stage.

Anyway, all of these comparisons obviously have much to do with the fact that I'm a redhead. So imagine my surprise when, about a year ago, out of nowhere, people started comparing me incessantly to none other than blonder than blonde, Kelly Ripa.

No seriously. I get it ALL the time. Lately, people at work have taken to calling me Kelly whenever they walk by me, and they constantly say things like "I saw that Commerce Bank commercial again last night and I swear, slap a blonde wig on you and it's her!"

Normally I can see what people are saying, at least a little bit.

Lindsay? Okay, maybe a little.



Lauren? Sure, I guess. Kinda.

Kelly Ripa?



Sorry. Call me blind, but I'm just not seeing it.

Anyway, there is a point to all this. Hearing this Kelly thing be rehashed again reminded me of one of my favourite web sites, The My Heritage Face Recognition site, which allows you to "find your inner celebrity." Totally fun and completely addictive.

So I headed on over and decided to try my luck once again. I really just wanted to see if this site said anything about Kelly Ripa, in which case I'd tell all my co-workers that they were right and I was wrong and yadda yadda yadda.

Well, they didn't say I look like Kelly Ripa, although what they did say disturbed me slightly more. I tried 3 pictures:



WTF?

Seriously... WTF????

HARVEY KEITEL?

Okay, okay!! I'll take Kelly Ripa!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'd never heard of that site before and now I'm totally addicted (shocking!) Some of the matches are totally off base, but I did get Britney so it's right some of the time :)