Saturday, May 06, 2006

I'll Just Take the Brittle Bones, Thanks.

Gatorade, the makers of my beloved Propel Fitness Water, have recently put out an inhanced version of the drink called "Propel Calcium". It was apparently first introduced last year at the American Dietetic Association Annual Conference in St. Louis, but has only hit the shelves within the last few weeks.

I was in my local Sam's Club store this past week, when I saw it for the first time, and decided to try it. They say it is the "first national enhanced water to be considered a good source of calcium". Enhanced with calcium? Sure. Unfortunately, it's also enhanced with disgustingness.

I LOVE me some Propel. I drink about 4 bottles a day, and if it was slightly cheaper, I'd drink about 10. But they've missed the mark on this whole calcium thing. Drinking this stuff immediately brings me back to the days of trying to take my cough medicine without having it touch any of my taste buds on the way down. Yukkity-yuk-yuk-yuk.

Giving credit where credit's due, I have to admit that the Mango isn't SO terrible and the Mandarin Orange, while living something to be desired, doesn't make me wince... too badly. However, the Mixed Berry is so bad, that I actually had to hold my breath while I finished it. Being the miser that I am, I refuse to waste 8 bottles of it (It was a 24-pack of all 3 flavours), so I'm just going to have to suck it up, but boy am I not looking forward to it!

If I'm lucky, it won't touch any of my tastebuds on the way down.

No comments: