Monday, February 05, 2007

2-7 on 2/7/2007

I should play those numbers.

So how about Wednesday is my 27th birthday? Depending on how long you've been reading this blog (and how good your memory is), you may recall that ever since I turned 25, I haven't been handling my birthdays very well.

Reference: Oh Youth, Where Art Thou?

Like many, I wasn't happy about the idea of getting older, and the sagging, wrinkly body parts that come with it. I didn't like being old enough to say things like "What are these girls wearing at that age?" or "What is with the today's music?".

I certainly found it hard to adapt to the fact that men who were easily 10 years younger than me were old enough to look hot and make me feel like a pedophile. Perhaps most of all, I didn't like the idea of having to finally decide what the hell I want to do with myself when I grow up. Like, where should I buy a house?

Stuff like that made me feel lost -- all the time.

This year, however, everything is different. 2007 is my totes my year. Somehow, since I've been home from England, a whole new Marnie has emerged! I'm more productive, more secure, and I finally have a handle on the direction my life is taking. What a feeling that is!

Mind you, I'm still the witty, hilarious ball of fire that I always was, so don't you worry about that. ;-)

It's just the every day things that have changed. Instead of coming home, crashing on the couch to watch Judge Judy and eating half a bag of Baked Lays for dinner, I now actually make something of the day. I run errands, do laundry and cook a real dinner. I even work out hardcore -- every day. (By the way... how HARD is Pilates???)

In addition to all that jazz, there looks to be some amazing things on the horizon for me this year, and for the first time since "adulthood" (when did that sneak up on me?!) I feel like my life just might end up exactly as I want it to. You can't buy that kind of thing.

Of course, winning the New Jersey Mega Millions for $77 mil this week couldn't hurt.

So instead of dreading it, I welcome this birthday!! Bring it on, biatch!! And you know what else? Sag on, boobs! Sag on! I've got much more important things to worry about!!


Yup. That's pretty much what it's going to be like.

No comments: