Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Oh. No. He. Dinnit.

Oh yes he did, motha effas!!!

American Idol. Who watched? And don't say "Not me" because 30 million people watch that shizz and you know you're one of them.



Up to this point, Jack Osbourne Chris Sligh has been my number one choice to win the whole thing. Like Clay Aiken and Taylor Hicks, he's not physically your typical idol (which, for me, adds to his likability), but the boy can sing. Period. Plus, he's totes hilarious. Remember his initial audition?



His Idol profile is wrought with humour too.

Anyway, he did great tonight, and he's still my overall fave. HOWEVS, the title of this post does not refer to him.

This post belongs to one Blake Lewis.



In prior episodes, Blake mostly just did a lot of beat-boxing, which just isn't really my "thang" (although he was very good at it) but tonight there was none of that.

Tonight, my friends, mofo busted out some KEANE!!!

He comes out, his song starts, and for the first few seconds I'm all "This song sounds familiar?" Oh, um... that's because it's a song that you listen to no less than 5 times a day, Marnie!! Brotha tore it up with some Somewhere Only We Know!! Do you know what I say to that?



While he's no Tom Chaplin, (there's a Chris Sligh/Chubby Cheek joke in there somewhere) he did the song justice, and even got "the best of the night" honour from Simon. Not too shabby.

So yeah... Chris Sligh better watch his back because Blake just won some major points with me. Oddly enough, they're the two that say "I go pee" when asked about pre-stage rituals, so maybe it's not a Keane fetish I have at all. Maybe it's urine-related.

Either way, both these bastards better make it through!

No comments: