Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Operation: Bikini in Spain

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. April has proven to be the busiest month thus far this year so Marnie's World has taken a bit of a back seat. I promise to make it up to you in May, when I'll no doubt have several ridiculous stories to report back, after following Keane around the East Coast like a dog in heat. Keep an eye out for that.

Anyway, remember back in the beginning of the year when I decided I was a new woman and all that business? Well, part of my "New Marnie in '07" plan included a resolution to start exercising -- for real this time. To say the least, this little goal quickly turned into a borderline-obsessive exercise regime that I follow 5-6 days a week without fail.


I know! I can't believe it any more than you can.

While there were several reasons for my workout madness, the main one is the fact that I'm traveling to Spain in July with my English besties, and for the first time since 4rth grade, I thought it might be nice to wear a bikini with pride. I think 17 years is long enough, and while the tankini is a beautiful thing, I'm ready to move on. That said, I did wear a bikini one day in Vegas last summer, but certainly not with pride. It hardly counts when you drag your towel to the edge of the pool to wrap yourself in before you lug your ass out, does it?


I'll bet she does the same.

Anyway, there's an actual point to all this. I officially began my routine at the end of January, and I leave for my trip on the 6th of July, so this past weekend marked the halfway mark. As such, I took new measurements in addition to my normal weekly weigh-in. I've only lost 6 and a half pounds in all that time, but I've also somehow managed to melt off 10 and a half inches too!

10 and a half inches!


Tell me about it!

Not only are my incentive jeans officially my size now, but I might be able to borrow that shirt from Lindsay after all!

So yeah, I'm pretty happy about it. I've still got a ways to go yet, mostly on the toning side, but now I'm fairly confident that bikini-ville is going to have a new resident soon. Well, I hope so. Otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do with the 4 bikinis I've bought already.

They're not exactly the fluorescent pink and green number with the zipper like in 4rth grade, but they'll do.

No comments: