Sunday, September 09, 2007

Gimme Less

I just watched Britney's "comeback performance" and unfortunately it's 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I'm sure some blogs will be buzzing later tonight about how great it was, and how she managed to pull it off, but I'm going to have to be a naysayer on this one. With all the buzz about how she was going to blow us all away, I expected much more than that. She blew, alright -- but I'm still here.

I'm not a big fan of her "comeback single" Gimme More as it is. I think it's repetitive and annoying. Add to that some ratty extensions, obvious lip-synching, and amateur-looking choreography and color me unimpressed. Her face was so 'blah' the whole time. She looked nervous and/or disinterested, and I'm not quite sure which is worse.

It's time to pack it in, Britney. It's over.

Can we talk about what a trainwreck this show is as a whole though? As I'm writing this, it's 14 minutes in and already Britney sucked, Sarah Silverman bombed (even her cracks on Paris Hilton weren't well-received), and Pete Wentz's mic wasn't on when they cut to him. Way to go, MTV.

And what's with the random cutting to different acts playing elsewhere in Vegas? How avant-garde.

So far the only high points were 50-Cent being particularly likeable during the red carpet interviews and Rihanna looking adorable accepting her "Monster Single of the Year" award for Umbrella. Other than that? Garbage.

Everyone keeps reiterating how, unlike past years, this show won't be rerunning at all. I think that's probably best for everyone.

Especially Britney.


Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude...totes agree about Britney. Maybe "You drive me craaaazy, I just can't sleep" was a premonition. Serious props to you for not being like "and she's fat now". Can people stop saying that? Fat...really?!! Even if she didn't pop out two kids in like 18 months I STILL wouldn't call her fat. People are d-bags.
-MickDizzle lmao.