Wednesday, February 06, 2008

And I Don't Look A Day over 27 and 364 Days

Ahh, and here we have arrived at the obligatory birthday post.

Two years ago, I was somewhat horrified at the idea of aging. Last year, my birthday, happened to fall just after my life's course took an amazing new direction, so suddenly turning 27 suddenly didn't seem so bad. Of course, the Tom Chaplin cake didn't hurt.

When I wake up tomorrow morning, 28 will have already reared its ugly head and, once again, my life has completely changed direction. My great big spectacular move to England isn't happening at the moment, or perhaps ever, which is a story that I'm not even going to get into, for fear of ending up with the longest blog post ever (and you know how never-ending my ramblings can be!). Suffice it to say that everything happens for a reason and for whatever reason, here I shall remain. Keep your eyes peeled for a nasty post about immigration lawyers some time in the future, which will shed some light on my sitch.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to new things on the horizon (things which I'm not going to write about here right now for fear of them going the way of the dodo as well) and much like last year, I don't really care about turning 28 because I have so much else going on. Dangerously close to 30? Sure, but my boobs have managed to stay in relatively the same general area as last year, so that's a step in the right direction, right? Be thankful for the small things, I always say!

(While my ass isn't quite where it was in the summer, at least I don't have to wear a bikini in February, so that buys me a little time.)

On Saturday I'm throwing what I hope will be fantastic par-tay for myself in the NYC and a shocking number of people have RSVPed in the positive, so yay to each and every one of them! I totes love my friends.

Now, fingers crossed that my plan to start the night at a Mexican restaurant won't backfire.

No comments: