Monday, March 30, 2009

Stuff and Things and Such

Well, hello there. We meet again.

For the last month and a half, a lot of people have been asking why the hell I haven't posted anything about our trip to England for the latest Keane mini tour. I considered it, but aside from being ridiculously busy (which I'll get to in a minute -- you've heard "I'm busy" before, but this is just on a whole new level), I figured after December's ramblings, no one wanted to scroll through 100 more sweaty pictures of Tom Chaplin, nor did they want to read the gushing text that usually accompanies it.

For the record, aside from a spell of sickness during the last few days, we had an AMAZING time. Keane was in top form, and it was incredible to see them in such huge venues. I could go on and on and on, but I won't. We've got 11 or 12 North American shows coming up in May anyway, so be assured you'll hear all about those! Suffice it to say it was worth the trip, and mucho thanks to Tony for being amazing and making it all happen.



Loves it!!

Moving on, you all kind of won't believe where I am right now, and where I've been for the last few weeks, but I'll tell you anyway...

I, Marnie, am currently out on the road with Miss Britney Spears and her Circus Tour!

No, seriously. Pretty amazing right?

I kept meaning to write about it before I left, but it all came about really suddenly. I challenge anyone to try to prepare for something like that (you should have seen me trying to pack!), while simultaneously moving house, and try to find a spare moment in the day!

Anyway, my latest disappearing act is mostly due to 20 hour days that end with me crashing out in my bunk on the tour bus to head to the next city. I've pretty much temporarily neglected everything else in my life, so blogging's kind of the last thing on my mind! I'm out on the road until the first week of May, and then only home for a few days before getting back on the road to follow Keane around (without the luxury of a tour bus to cart my sleeping ass around!!) so when my life has calmed down and gotten back to normal (if my life can ever be considered "normal"), I'm sure I'll have some fun tales to tell!

Now, off to find out what day it is and what city I'm in before passing the hell out.

This is the life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marnie you are utterly nuts but also my favourite girl on the whole internet!

I can't believe you are going straight from following Keane on a UK tour, to immediately going on a US tour with Britney to going on another tour following Keane.

Anyone else would find that a bit obsessive but clearly not you!

And to the think the real work only truly begins when you get back from your final tour and have to spend at least 6 weeks uploading all your photo's and writing what I expect will be an incredibly long account!

Hope you're having a ball hun, and by the way, I couldn't comment on the actual photo because my girlfriend would kill me but there's a picture of you and Matt at the Tina Turner concert in your random profile where you may actually be the hottest girl I've ever seen. You are positively sizzling!

Take care hun keep living the life the rest of us wish we were, and we'll stick to reading about what its like!

UK Kev